These are some of my favorite Internet radio stations that I used to access via iTunes. And this setup is way easier to use.
sudo apt-get install radiotray gstreamer0.10-plugins-ugly
If you’re using Unity like me, be sure to select ‘app indicator‘ when Radio Tray asks.
Radio Tray >> Preferences >> Configure Radios…
Add the following streaming URLs:
- http://www.c895.org/streams/c895sc128.pls (Dance, 128 kbps)
- http://192online.garagefm.ru/ (Dance, 192 kbps)
- http://gayfm.de/listen.asx (Dance, 128 kbps)
- http://stream.gayradiobec.com:8000/listen.pls (Dance, 192 kbps)
- http://glitch.fm/glitchfm.asx (Glitch, 128 kbps)
One of the obvious benefits of streaming using Radio Tray is it will show you the song that is playing which is great for looking up an artist later. It also uses, like, 1000x less resources than iTunes.